Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Easier For Annie...Elevated Dog Dish

This is Annie! Most of you have seen Annie before. She is our 10 year old Labrador...cute as a button, but getting older. Remember I made the pvc gate for her, because she can't go upstairs anymore. Well, now I made something else for her, so it's easier for to eat.



I found this old picnic basket at a consignment shop for $2.00. It's held plants, old newspapers, toys etc. The top is a cheaper plywood and kind of crooked, so I didn't mind cutting it up.



I used 2 containers that I knew would hold her food and water.



Traced the containers on a cardboard template the shape of the top of the basket.


Cut and trace the shapes on the top.



Make sure you trace it straighter than I did!! lol



The tools you'll need are a drill with a larger bit...



a hand held jig saw, small hand saw or a man to do it for you.




Drill holes at the corner of each area you want to cut out.




The holes need to be big enough for the jig saw blade to fit it.




Carefully cut out the shapes. This top was a cheap plywood, so it splintered alot. I'll have to fill it in with wood glue and either paint or stain it.



Drop the bowls in to make sure they fit.



Inside the basket, I place a canvas bag and filled it up with Annie's dog food.



Just take out the dish and scoop out her dinner!!



and it's all set with her water too. (I really need to polyurethane the top to 1. make it look better and 2. to seal out the water she spills.



I took this picture in my sewing room, so she couldn't figure out why her food was in there.



Once I moved it to her spot, she was good to go. The bowls are much higher up now and easier on her neck. I saw an elevated dog dish that looked like a wooden stool for $125.00! Yikes. My $2.00 and some crooked cutting will do just fine!



Enjoy your day,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...