Monday, January 24, 2011

Tool Time Tuesday...Magnetic Frame- Picture Perfect Organization

Happy Tuesday! Today's Tool Time is a combination of a post I did last year and some new ideas too. This Picture Perfect Organization frame below is in my sewing room, but the ideas or the concept can be used in any room. I will mention a few other uses for this idea at the end of the post.




These little boxes were on the back of one of my craft tables. I love them and used them to store all those little craft items you just can't live without!



They stored all kinds of things, but the only problem was I had to open up each drawer to see what was inside. Yes, I could have labeled each drawer (I do love my labels), but this is a very small unit and there would be too many labels showing on the front...too busy.


space
Here is a picture of the original post for the Magnetic Frame I made last year. Click HERE to go to that post if you'd like to make one. Yours can be any size you'd like. I just happen to find this frame in a consignment shop for $10.00. This picture was when I first moved into that sewing room...way more crap in there now!! LOL
space

I also did a post in the past using those little plastic cups that you get duck sauce in at Chinese restaurants or the little ketchup cups from fast food restaurants. I would wash out the cups and recycle them for storing tiny craft/sewing items. Click HERE for that post.
space
Well, I broke down and went to a party supply store and bought a boat load of them...yes, you are reading that label correctly...250 cups. What on God's green earth am I going to do with 250 plastic cups? Absolutely everything!!
space
My only question for the Solo cup company. Why do you sell a package of 250 cups and then only sell a package of 100 lids. I can't even buy 2 package of lids, because that's still only 200. Now I have to buy 3 packages of lids and then I'll have 50 lids left over. Why Why Why??? I'd gladly pay more money for the larger package of lids.



The cups I purchased are the 3 1/4 ounce size. They do sell the tiny size up to a larger 4 1/2 ounce. The price break down for each cups is this:
  • $10.72 for 250 cups = 4 cents per cup

  • $4.72 for 100 lids = almost 5 cents per lid

That's 9 cents so far...

Now the fun part. Gather up all your stuff. Don't deny it...you have stuff!



You may think you don't have stuff, but once you start pulling out drawers, storage bags, bins and boxes...boy oh boy do you have stuff!



Now you will need magnets. Not sure how much they are in the craft store, but these are at Home Depot for only $2.49 for 8 magnets. I used the 3/4" round thicker ones for more strength.
  • $2.49 for 8 magnets = 31 cents

Total for each plain lidded cup is 9 cents or 40 cents for each magnetic cup!

I used low temp hot glue to attached each magnet to the bottom of all the cups.




Fill the cups with your goodies...



pop on the lid...



turn it over ...




dab of hot glue and ...



just place your magnet.



Do that 40 more times!


If any of your cups have heavy items, I used two magnets on the bottom.



Now just stick them to your Metal Picture!! I arranged my by hardware, craft, sewing and office supplies.
















I bought that Minnie Mouse teapot a few years ago in Disney World and this last trip in December, I bought that mug. It's the bottom half of Minnie Mouse...too cute!










Now you don't have to use the magnets at all. You can just put the lids on all your cups and they stack up perfectly on themselves for easy storage.
I mentioned in one of the other posts all the ideas you can use for these cups...but I'll list them here too and more.
  • crafts

  • sewing

  • office

  • hardware

  • jewelry (lay out all the cups in a drawer and have all your earring, rings and necklaces separated)

  • spices

  • scrap booking

  • organize daily medication

  • sewing kit for your purse

  • mini first aid kit

  • pre measured snacks

  • coin/money holder for your children's lunch money or allowance. You can stick them on the refrigerator next to their chore chart

  • party favor containers...fill with candy, M&M's, Skittles etc...

  • holiday treat...fill with Valentine candy and decorate with hearts for school party treats

  • fill with chocolate and number them for Christmas advent calendars...one for each day

The list could go on and on...Have fun filling yours up. You can find these in party or restaurant supply stores. Be careful when you search for them online. If it's a higher price like $48.00 you are buying 10 packages of 250, so that's 2500 cups. Now that's a lot of cups!! I have a lot of crap, but I don't think I have that much to fill 2500 cups!
Have a wonderful Tuesday,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...