Monday, February 7, 2011

Look Twice At Sale Items...

I had a gift certificate to Target that I received for my birthday last month and it was burning a hole in my pocket. Well, you know me...I love a deal. I bought 2 sweaters for myself and all this pictured below. The title of the post is Look Twice at Sale Items. How many times do you look at something in the clearance section and say...Good price, but I don't need that". Well maybe you don't need the item in it's original form, but what could you do with it if you repurposed it.

This is a 100% cotton tablecloth...




for $3.74 down from $14.99. Do I need another tablecloth? NO



But could I use this heavy weight fabric to make tote bags for Courtney and Kelsie or grocery bags to take to the market? YES!


Do I need another vinyl tablecloth? Another NO!


But for $1.48, can I make a design wall from the flannel backing on the tablecloth or a cute drop cloth for the craft table while painting something or maybe a lined tote bag? YES!



Ok, you can't repurpose candles, but these were just to cheap to pass up.



48 cents...that's cheaper than a pack of gum.



These are candle holders.



Cheap, cheap, cheap.



and look, I have cheap candles to go in them! The candle holders would be great for other things too...Q tips in your bathroom, bread sticks or pretzel rod holder, pen holder, etc.



These are plastic place mats. Why did I buy them? Who knows, but you know they were cheap. I stood in the isle staring at them, rolling them up, playing with them. Then my husband walked over, saw that glazed look in my eye and all he said was...Tool Time? Enough said. I bought 10 of them! LOL





I'm hoping to make something this week with these goodies and when I take the pictures, I'll share the Afters of all these Befores.
space
Don't forget I have my SEW DARN CRAFTY blog party going on all week. Link up your favorite sewing, knitting or craft projects and bring new friends to your blog for a visit. You can link up as many projects as you'd like. Just click the red link to bring you there.
space
Have a great Monday,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...