Monday, March 14, 2011

Quilting Ruler That is Heaven Sent...

Ok, I didn't think I lived under a rock, but maybe I do or this ruler is brand new. I'm thinking the rock theory, but that's just me!

I look at quilting rulers every single time I go into a sewing/quilting store...every time! I have a 6 inch wide by 24 inches long quilt ruler. Why it's only 6 inches wide and not 6 1/2 inches when most quilters cut strips or blocks with the extra 1/2 inch seam allowance is beyond me.

Well, look at this...Ahhhhh!!! Can you hear the angels singing?!!



See that measurement on the label...6.5" x 24.5"? Yay!



I hope you can see the color change on this ruler. See that pinkish colored edge on the top and the right? Well, that's the extra 1/2 inch.


The ruler can be flipped over so you can use any of the measurements. The main black lines can be either 1 inch or 1 and 1/2" inch.
space
So, if you are cutting 2 and 1/2 inch strips, you would line up the edge of your fabric on the 2 1/2" darker cutting line. Easier for me to see the darker line than the lighter line in between.


On the other side, it's still the regular 1", 2", 3" on the darker lines.





The markings are on the long side and the short side too, so you can hold the ruler in any direction. I just love the fact that I can cut a 6 and 1/2 inch block with this ruler!


I used a gift card I had at Walmart to buy this. It was in the craft department for $12.97.
space
Don't forget my Linking Party...Sew Darn Crafty. There's a little give away with it this week too.
space
Click HERE to go to that post to join in on the fun and see all the wonderful projects.
space
Have a great Monday
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...