Monday, May 2, 2011

Tool Time Tuesday...Cork Message Can

Another Tuesday is here and I have a quick project that is a great recycling idea too.

A pen, pencil or ruler holder, but doubles as a message board!


I used a tall metal can and a roll of thin cork I found at the dollar store. Oatmeal containers work great too, but the metal holds up better over time. They also sell the rolls of cork at the office supply stores, but it can be pricey. Walmart is inexpensive too.


I also hot glued some cute buttons to larger tacks for a cute little addition to the message board.


Here's the left over cork that I had from another project. It breaks easily, because it's thin, so be careful.


This is how thin mine is. You may need to put 2 layers on the can so the push pins can go in. Just depends on how thin your cork is.


Measure the height of your can...mine is just shy of 7 inches tall. I think this may be a pineapple juice can, but I'm not sure.


and then wrap the tape measure around the can for the circumference.


Mark the measurements on the cork and cut it out. I hot glued the cork onto the can, which seemed to work well so far on the metal can. If you want to make sure it sticks, you can use the Gorilla glue...that works great too.


Now you have a great place to store things and a message board for quick reminders.


Gotta go...I think I have an appointment at 2:00!! I hope it's at the hair salon for my monthly color, because I need it!


Have a great Tuesday,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...