Saturday, July 30, 2011

Before and After Spray Painting...

Thought I would share some before and afters of more spray painting adventures. You know I love consignment shops, thrift stores and yard sales too, but you have to look beyond what something looks like to see the gem inside.

This was an old letter holder with broken hooks...I think it was 50 cents.



The magic of black spray paint...what else but black spray paint for me!! Great spot for the kids' car keys and their incoming mail.


I couldn't find small enough hooks for this, so I used brass picture hangers and spray painted them with a galvanized metal paint.


Our sad mailbox was all rusted. Can't spend money on a new one when something still works, but just looks bad.

Hubby sanded down the rusted areas...


and then I used a metal primer...


Looks a lot better even with the primer.


but even better with a final coat of tan paint to match the house. I also sprayed the flag a nice new red.


An ok looking thermometer...


Much better with a coat of black spray paint. I used a plate rack instead of mounting it on the wall.


See that little topiary over there on the left? I personalized it a little with an old tie clip...

 
It has my husbands first name initial on it.


just clips to one of the leaves.


Adds a special touch...


Look around your house, attic or basement, I know there must be something that can be spray painted for a whole new look.

Happy spray painting,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...