Saturday, December 31, 2011

Painting Brick...

I know...painting brick! Very scary to take that first stroke of the brush, but boy am I glad I did! Our family room was added to the house before we purchased our home. The lower level of the wall is a brick foundation, then the wall is set back a little to form a ledge. A lot for the eye to settle on. I lived with the two tone wall because I was afraid to paint the brick...no more though.

This "before" picture is last year...Christmas 2010. See the two colors...tan walls, beige brick and then tan radiators.



Here's the "after". This picture is this year...Christmas 2011. I didn't take this picture for this painting post, but you can see the difference in the walls behind the tree...much calmer for the eyes. The color flows evenly.


This is a close up of the before.


First step PRIMER. This was the AHHHHH!! moment when there was no turning back.


Roll on the primer with a thicker roller so it gets into all the grooves.


When I painted with the tan paint, I did use a brush for the mortar areas to make sure it covered well.




Here's the after...much better all one color!


Kind of makes that ledge wall disappear a little. Well, not really disappear, but it helps!


If you've been contemplating painting brick...just to let you know...I'm so glad I did it!!

Happy Painting,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...