Monday, March 19, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...Carabiner Carrier


Happy Tuesday!! You know my "tools" can come from any where...this one is from the sporting goods section. It's a carabiner. What's a carabiner you ask? From the online Merriam-Webster dictionary...

Definition of CARABINER
: an oblong metal ring with one spring-hinged side that is used especially in mountain climbing as a connector and to hold a freely running rope

Origin of CARABINER

German Karabiner, short for Karabinerhaken, literally, carabineer's hook
Here's today's Tool Time...This is a jumbo carabiner and specifically says on the package...NOT for climbing.
Mountain Climbing?...Me?...never. Shopping?...Me?...Yes.

Here's a picture of the back of the package. Great for camping and hiking to hook supplies to a back pack.



Here's the DO NOT CLIMB warning!! Don't worry about me. LOL


I do love carabiners though. I have a little one for my keys. Easy open to add or take off keys. Look how big the Tool Time carabiner is compared to my key chain. There is also a tiny one on there too. That little capsule carries 2 Tylenol.

The big one was only $2.38 in Walmart camping section, but check any sporting goods store.


Why I love the big one is the large padded handle.


Easy open spring...


Here is my Tool Time suggestion...SHOPPING!!

Bringing in groceries or any bags for that matter is a pain in my house. Long trip up the front walk way from the car or through the garage and up a big flight of stairs to the kitchen.

You know the feeling when you're try to make it all in one trip. It's a game I have in my head. Carrying 15 bags in each hand, the bags digging a permanent scare in the palms of your hands and your biceps burning because I'm too lazy to make 2 trips! Lol Thankfully, my husband is always there to help bring in all the heavy stuff.


Here's how it looks for me now. One carabiner in each hand with all the bags hooked on. No more plastic bag marks digging in my fingers...

I was thinking more about this. It would be great for any shopping. When you're out in a mall or outlet shopping, you have to carry bags for a long time. The large paper bags from the stores have those white twisted handles...they dig in your hands too.
Keep 2 of these in your purse and you can use them when...
  • mall shopping
  • bringing in the bags
  • quilt show shopping...you can be walking around those shows for hours carrying bags
  • quilt or craft retreats...carrying in your supplies from your car to the event
  • on vacation when you are carrying in bags from the car to the hotel
  • great for kids to help carry something. If they put the bags down, they won't lose track of all the bags
  • great for carrying bags on a train, subway or other transit...keeps them all together

I'm sure there are more ideas for this...if you have any, share them in the comments.

Have a great day,
~Karen~

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...