Monday, March 12, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...Tile For Labels


Happy Tuesday everyone. If you've read any part of my blog, you know I love to organize and label everything. When I see those organizing boxes or containers in the store, I love the little metal plates or frames that hold the label for what's in the box.

However, I usually make my boxes or containers from recycled things...I still like them to be labeled though. You can buy those little frames, but they are expensive.

Here's my solution!! TILE...I found this sheet of glass like tile in the clearance section for a $1.23 at Home Depot. However, the regular price is $4.97. Not bad either way for 66 tiles. ( you just counted didn't you? Lol )


These are rectangle...perfect for making labels. I also bought the square version of these a while back. CLICK HERE for the post on how to make magnets out of them.


Aren't these pretty...very glossy and shiny. They come in a ton of colors and textures too.


The tiles come on a mesh backing of one square foot...when you are using it for tiling. However, we are crafting here!!

Just pop those babies right off that mesh.


You see tiles...


and labels...


and now you see pretty tile labels!!

They are also great for writing your own with a marker. Wipes right off if you want to change it.

The type of glue depends on the surface you are gluing the tile to. You can use hot glue, Gorilla Glue, E6000 etc.


Let's see how we can use these.

Labeling fresh herbs...




Nail polish bin for my daughters...actual nails and screws for me!! Just add a little hammer.


Makes those cheap plastic bins a little cuter.




How about your pantry...label food, snacks and baking ingredients.




and this one is my favorite...magazine holder tile.


Remember I made these out of old cereal boxes? Painted the sides black and Mod Podged a strip of fabric on the front.


 CLICK HERE for that post.


You can also add the handle to the box too. You know I love my pipe straps for handles.


These are pipe straps found in the electrical section. They hold up conduit pipe on walls or ceilings. I use them for handles on everything. Very cheap. I think 10-12 for $2.75.


Take a trip down the tile isle...it's fabulous, especially if you're only buying one sheet verses 400 square feet of it!!

Happy Tool Time,
~Karen~


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...