Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Holiday Place Card Update...

I finally found the notes I jotted down of ideas for the Place Card post I did yesterday. I knew I had others I wanted to share...2 more ideas and another idea for labeling creams for coffee on a holiday buffet table.

The first place card holder is an easy one made with candy canes.



You just need 3 of any size..these are the tiny ones.



Hot glue 2 of them together, so the hooks are positioned to hold the place card...almost like an easel.


Close up of hot glue.


and here is the third candy cane for support so it can stand up on it's own.



Top view.



Add a little ribbon.



and you're done!!



These would be great for dinner place cards or labeling food on a buffet, but extra cute for the "kids" table. Remember the kids table when you were younger. They need cute things too, but just tell them they can't eat these.



How about a beautiful piece of fruit...apple, pear, pomegranate.



Just stick in 2 floral picks or paper clips to hold the card.



Here is another great entertaining idea that I use for parties. Labeling the milk or creams for the coffee station. These are old fashion milk bottles, but this idea would work for any container.



Little I.D. bracelets.



I just threaded lettered beads onto twine and tied it around the neck of the bottle.



I do this because everyone has different tastes or diet restrictions, so this makes it easy.





They sell these beads in any craft store or you can buy them on line too. I liked this natural wood look,



but these little white ones would be cute too.




Have fun looking around for items that you can re-purpose into a place card holder. You'll be surprised what you'll find that will work great.
space
Take care,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...