Monday, March 28, 2011

Tool Time Tuesday...Framed User Names and How To Make a Text Box

Well, I did it. I took the leap to the new post editor. Still looking into the process of Live Writer, but I need baby steps from my Blogger rant on Sunday night. I tried the old editor and it still has spacing issues...so I'm not looking back. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to every one who helped me stay away from Taco Bell.

Today's Tool Time is an easy one, but oh so helpful...keeping track of user names and passwords.

I'm not sure if it's just me and the fact that I'm 46 and can't remember like I use to or is it the fact that we have to have a user name and a password to use the bathroom! LOL 

Every time I find a new web site, sites for our daughters' college, shopping, blogging, photos, recipe sites, weather sites etc...it has a user name and a password. If you start to make a list, you'll see just how many you have. I try to keep the user names all the same, but some sites ask for capital letters, add more numbers or 8 characters or more.

I keep my husband's in a Rolodex on his desk, but this is how I keep mine. This is a sample list printed out. Obviously you wouldn't keep important user names and passwords so visible, but seriously, no one will want to hack into my photobucket account and start posting pictures or go into to my Picnik photo editing site and start changing my photos around or go into my Hancock's Fabric shop and see what fabrics they have on sale. This idea is for every day user names of sites that you need to keep on hand NOT for your Banking stuff and sites with security issues!



This is the frame that I use. I bought it at Ikea for 95 cents.


It's 4x6 and it's the perfect size for my desk.


The best part about this frame is that it's double sided and loads from the top.


Picture on one side...


User names on the other...hidden away where no one can see.


Innocent looking picture.


but, goodies on the back. Now the whole world knows where my user names are, LOL!!! Just don't tell the bad guys!


Here's an extra Tool Time tip for you...type your list in a Text Box the exact size of your frame, so it's easier to cut it out.

This uses Microsoft Word...open up a new page. (click to enlarge all photos below)


Click the "INSERT" tab I have circled in black.


Then click on "TEXT BOX" (circled in black).


A drop down box will appear and I pick "Simple Text Box".



Now that the text box is on your paper, you will need to change the size to fit your frame. Change the size in the box on the upper right corner. 


My frame is 4 inches wide by 6 inches high.


Now just type what you want inside the box. Take into consideration the margins of your frame.


Print and cut it out along the lines.


and you are done!!



Ok, now that I have a stress bubble going on in my stomach for learning this new posting editor all over again...I hope this post looks ok. I'm still mad at Blogger:(

Happy Tuesday everyone,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...