Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Swap Question and a Poll...

I haven't had a fabric swap in a while. I was thinking about having one in the near future, so I need some ideas and opinions.

First, if you've never been involved in a fabric swap, here's how I've done it in the past
  • a theme is picked such as color, fabric pattern, maybe just 5" squares or 2 1/2" squares, just hexagons etc
  • a certain number of participants is chosen...too many gets crazy though
  • if, for example, there are 80 swappers and the theme is 5 inch red squares (any design on the fabric)...everyone sends me 80 - 5 inch red squares along with an envelope addressed back to you that already has the correct postage on it. Which I will tell you how much the postage will be.
  • I sort all the fabrics or blocks into 80 different piles (every one gets one square from each of the 80 participants) and then I mail them back to you in the envelope you have provided.
  • I open it up to any one from all over the world, but international participants MUST have a paypal account to reimburse me for postage. There must be US postage on your return envelope when I mail it back to you, which I must provide. You will wire the money through paypal and then I will pay for the postage back to you with the money you have sent me. Just to clarify...Paypal is for International swappers ONLY, because international swappers can not put US postage on the return envelopes themselves from their country!! I'll have to do that here from a US post office to get the package back to you
Swaps are such a wonderful way of receiving fabrics or squares from all over the world. They are great for charm quilts or scrap quilts or just a great way to have a beautiful selection of fabrics.

Here are some swap ideas
  • 5 inch charm squares any fabric
  • polka dots
  • floral
  • I Spy
  • red fabric
  • black and white fabric
  • a certain fabric maker or designer...just Moda or just Kona etc
My question to you...

What kind of swap would you be interested in? I'm thinking 5 inch squares of something. 5 inch blocks are easy to cut and work with.

This is NOT THE SIGN UP POST...just gathering info!! I will definitely let you know when I open it up.

So what do you think?
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...