Monday, April 25, 2011

Tool Time Tuesday...Valve Handle Drawer Pull

Happy Tuesday everyone! I started Tool Time over 2 years ago and I thought for sure I would run out of things to use from a hardware store.

Well, I was wandering around the store while hubby was buying new air filters for the a/c units and guess what I found? Isn't it cute and it's red to match my sewing room.


It's a valve handle.




and it was only 99 cents...can't pass that up!


Do you see a valve handle?...because I see a cute red flower.


Perfect thing to replace the boring wooden knob on my desk drawer.


A wooden knob is usually screwed in with a pointy wood screw. Those are technical hardware terms!


To use a valve as a handle, I used a flat tipped metal screw with a nut. (maybe some of you think I am a nut!) The screw doesn't come with the valve handle though.


Just place the handle on the front of the drawer and put the screw in from the front to the inside.




and tighten the nut on the end.


If you need more space between the handle and your drawer front, you can add a few washers or spacers if needed.




Quick and easy transformation.


Looks like a flower to me.


Something girly found in the man section...who knew.


Now you know we have to keep all these Tool Times a secret, because if they find out we are spending so much time in the hardware stores, they'll jack the prices up.

Have a great Tuesday and I'll see you in the hardware store!
~Karen~

ps...don't forget to join in on the linking party I posted yesterday! So many great projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...