Monday, May 23, 2011

Do You Have A Dream?...

I don't mean the dreams we have when we are sleeping, but a dream to do something...a hope, a some day. There are little dreams and big dreams.

My little dreams would be to finish a certain quilt, finish cleaning out the attic, get rid of things I really don't use.

My bigger dreams are to pay off the mortgage, pay off college bills (that's not happening any time soon, both girls are still in college, but I can dream!!)

My biggest dream...to own a quilt shop. This is soooo just a dream, because I still have to work my regular job as a dental hygienist to pay the bills....you know that pesky mortgage and the college bills. Oh yeah, food we need food too...LOL!

Ok, back to the dream. This won't be just any quilt shop. I want it to be a destination quilt shop. I want it to be in a big remodeled barn or barns...exposed beams, high ceilings, wide barn board floors, bright light from big windows and fabric every where.

I want fabric to be divided into three categories...designer, color and era. If you love just one designer, they will be arranged all in one place. If you are shopping just for reds...all colors will be together. If you are shopping just by civil war or 1930's, they will be there. I would by several bolts of the same fabric just to have it in each category. This is a dream remember...stay with me here!!

Attached to the store barn is the class room/retreat barn. Same look, but great big beautiful old farm tables every where with sewing machines, ironing boards and cutting tables for each person. A big old fashion soda fountain bar for snacks, yummy drinks, tea and coffee. Big comfy leather couches for reading thousand of quilt books and magazines.

Now on to the farm house next to the 2 barns...a big remodeled farm house turned retreat house. A big old farm kitchen...I won't get into the details, my head is spinning. I love kitchens. The rest of the farm house will be turned into individual single rooms for each quilter at the retreat. Each quilter will have her own bedroom, bathroom and little sitting area. I know...this is going to be a big farm house...again, a dream.

If you are making it just a day trip to the quilt shop and your hubby is coming along, another barn will have a lounge and virtual sports games like golf, baseball etc for them to play. Large screen TVs every where with all kinds of sporting games on.

My husband and I would love to work together some day and this seems to be the perfect way to go. However, I think we are missing about $500,000.00 give or take.

That's my dream in a nut shell...from a nut case!

Do you have a dream?

Remember...Walt Disney said...All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Have a great day,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...