Monday, May 16, 2011

Tool Time Tuesday...Shower Curtain Redo

Happy Tuesday...Happy Tool Time Tuesday. No tools from the hardware store today, just your scissors and sewing machine.

Our daughters' bathroom had a brightly colored striped shower curtain. I wanted a new lighter look, but didn't want to spend the money. I had this white waffle iron cotton shower curtain, but I wished it were a bit longer...it also had to match the rugs. The picture below is the after...forgot the before.

I found the rugs at Walmart, so I went back to see what I could find.


I found this towel for $3.00!


Lay the towel lengthwise...


and fold in half.


Cut along the fold, the length of the towel.


Now a beach towel would be longer, but I really wanted the polka dot, so I needed to add a little at the end.


I just used a section of the second piece of towel. I made sure the finished edge of the towel was on the bottom for the new finished edge of the shower curtain. The raw cut edge of the towel is what I sewed to the bottom of the shower curtain.


I like the longer shower curtain, rather than how short the white curtain was.


and the polka dots are my favorite!!


You can also use the remainder of the towel pieces to make a hand towel for the sink or cut it up to edge plain towels to match.

If you have a window in the bathroom that left over piece could work as a small valence too.

Nothing like stretching that $3.00!!!...LOL

Have a great Tuesday,
~Karen~

Don't forget to look at all the great projects on this past Sunday's Sew Darn Crafty Linking Party...add your own project too. Click here to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...