Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baking Center From An Old Desk...

When my parents moved in with us 7 years ago, we added a second story to our house. The new stair case created this odd area at the bottom of the stairs in the kitchen.

I've had lots of things there, but I think this may be a keeper.



I had this bookcase storage unit there in the past...good for storage, but try to give it more height with the clock and lamps.


This is how I tried out the new change.
  • brought up an old desk from the basement
  • swapped out the larger bookcase (from the above picture) for this top of a hutch
  • put my baking stuff in there and lived with it for a week before committing to painting


Let the painting begin.


I left the top of the desk natural, so I don't have to be careful about chipping the paint when working on the desk. Breaks up the black too.


I have a tutorial coming up on how to make this BAKING sign. Easy peasy! Click HERE for sign tutorial


Simple cardboard boxes covered with fabric. I just wrapped the box like a gift and hot glued the edges down. I bought the boxes in the mailing office supply section in Walmart. They were the perfect square size and only 50 cents.


Pipe straps found in hardware stores for the handles...these are always my cheap "go to" handles. I think $2.00 for a bag of 10-12.

Key chain tags to tell whats inside.


Store all your baking items in there.


I've had these glass canister jars for years...they are only $10.00 in Walmart. I just saw them this week, so I know they still carry them. Smaller sizes are about $7.00


The computer key board drawer pulls out and holds my cookie sheets and baking racks.


The drawers hold bowls...


cake pans...


mixers...


and a file for recipes...


When you find a recipe on line, you print it out on an 8x10 piece of paper. In the past, I folded them up and stored them away.


Hard to find when they are all folded up.


Now they are easy to read.










Little jar for small baking tools...


and don't forget the kitchen mouse.


Just need to put drawer pulls on and it will be all set.


I love what paint can do. Look around your house and see what you can transform!

Take care,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...