Monday, October 3, 2011

Tool Time Tuesday...Paint Chip Needle Case

Painting...not my favorite thing to do, but you do get unbelievable results with paint. I have a few paint projects in the works right now. Some are further along than others. I want to paint part of the family room, my daughter's room, guest bathroom, 6 chairs, a bookshelf...ok I have to stop. I think I'm going to be sick with how much painting I want to get done.

Well, any who, I'm in the paint section of the hardware store and always grabbing more paint chips for inspiration. You know I love a good paint chip. If you click HERE and HERE, you'll find two other ideas that I've done with those unused paint chips.

Today's idea is for this...what is it?


It's a needle case!!

I saw something some where on the Internet that was made with paper into a little note pad, but I can't remember where I saw it.

This needle case is my version of the paint chip match book.


All you need are paint chips...


a piece of cotton batting or felt and those metal thingies that clip paper together. I know, technical term.



The metal things are from the office supply. You poke the metal through something and then you separate the 2 parts and it keeps things together.


First step...just fold up the bottom about 1 1/4 inch.


Use a hole punch or sharp pointy thing to poke a hole through the 2 layers in the center of the bottom.


Cut your batting to fit.


Put the metal thingy through the hole...force through the cotton.


Separate and flatten the metal flaps on the back side.


Just add your needles and you are good to go...or should I say...good to "sew".



Make them in any color. Great for little...
  • little stocking stuffers for sewing friends
  • add to the top of a gift package
  • guild gifts
  • sewing bee gifts
  • party favors for you sewing groups
  • add pins, needle, small button, thread wrapped on a small card and make a sewing kit


The ideas are endless with paint chips. I just hope the paint companies don't catch on. I really did need these paint chips for painting though. well, maybe not the orange...I just loved the burnt orange color. Already bought my first gallon of tan paint to paint brick in the family room. Pictures of that to come.

Happy Tuesday,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...