Friday, November 11, 2011

Dresser Before and After...

A low profile, Danish dresser that has seen better days is transformed into this...with a little paint and round bun feet from another project.

The top of our staircase is an odd shaped area. I thought a little bench would come in handy. The dresser drawers are still used for storage. They hold all our beach towels when not is season.



The dresser originally had a platform base that was removed a long time ago due to water damage from a flood in the basement.


See the water damage...


pretty much every where.


These are the bun feet I unscrewed from a side table that I used to make my sewing desk. Click here for that tutorial.

You can also buy these bun feet at your local hardware store too!

I removed all the drawers, so I could get to the inside from the bottom.


I turned the dresser on it's back. This is the bottom. I marked where I wanted the feet to go.


Then used my favorite tool, besides my sewing machine!! Use the correct size drill bit so the screw from the feet will fit.




Just screw in the feet and you're all set.


Now on to painting. If you've read my blog before, you know I am a big fan of what painting can do, but NOT a fan of the painting itself.

I try to do as little prep as possible. For this project, I just used 2 coats of Benjamin Moore HC-79 Greenbrier Beige. No primer for me. I'm so lazy, I didn't even take the beach towels out the drawers to paint!! Lol




Testing out a little Christmas decorating. I have a huge Christmas party in early December, so I try to sneak in a few inconspicuous areas of decorating that people wouldn't see until then. Not too many people who stop by for a visit go upstairs, so a few holiday things out right now upstairs won't make me look to crazy!!

Saves me time after Thanksgiving when I have to decorate the whole house.


Add a little wreath where you'd least expect it.


See the feet? Don't look too bad.


Added my favorite holiday book for the Christmas theme.


My tradition is to read this every year...and every year I cry.

It is a MUST read. "A Cup of Christmas Tea" by Tom Hegg.



Hope you enjoyed the makeover...get out some paint and give it a try. Turn your trash into a treasure.
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...