Monday, January 23, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...A Plug Rug

Ok, this may be a crazy Tool Time, but it really helps me out...so there must be some one else out there who feels the same way.

Here's my gripe...when you try to plug something in, every single time, the plug is upside down. I know, crazy, trivial, not the most important thing in the world, but it's the little things in life, right?

So hear me out. Lol !!
  • My phone charger is on the side of my bed. The last thing I do is check my email. It's dark and the only light is the shine from my phone. To charge it, I grab the plug and of course it doesn't fit in the phone...it's upside down.
  • vacuuming and the plug for that room is behind the table. Reaching, reaching and finally hit the plug, but oh you guessed it...upside down. Seriously?
  • reaching on the side or back of the computer to put in the usb plug...yep upside down
  • many many more in this trivial pet peeve, but here is my solution!!

A Velcro Plug Rug (good name huh?)...sounds like one of those "As Seen on TV" ads.

It's a "tactile" way of feeling that the plug should be in the up position. A little "rug" for your "plug" !!



I use it for my computer and iphone chargers, because they don't generate heat. Not sure how this would work on things with electrical plugs.

Although, the vacuum one is good for me because it's not plugged in permanently...only for short periods of time.


I know most plugs have the logo on it for the "up" position, but not helpful in the dim light.


I use Velcro with the sticky backing.


I cut the squares with the furry part into four pieces.


and just stick it on both ends.


Looks like a duck with a toupee...






Please tell me I'm not the only crazy out there that this will help.

Have a great Tuesday,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...