Monday, February 20, 2012

30 Second No Sew Infinity Scarf...For a $1.50

Pin It

You read it correctly...30 seconds and $1.50 each. What's the secret? Ribbed Knitting.

I love ribbed knitting for a number of reasons...
  • polyester...washes well
  • cut edges won't fray
  • cuts easily
  • sews easily
  • did I say cut edges won't fray...that's my favorite. No hemming! YAY

Here's the finished infinity scarf...had to take the shot several times. Why? Tile floor plus yellow Labrador dog plus black fabric...not good. Lol

This is one yard of ribbed knit. Regular price at Joanne's Fabric $9.99. I had 40% off coupon, so it went down to $6.00 per yard.
The secret to ribbed knit is it's tubular (not tubular like yay man let's go catch a wave, tubular)...it's in a circle, with no selvage edge.
I cut each scarf at 9 inches wide...totally up to you on how wide you want them. I used the grout line on the tile floor for a guide line too.

Cuts easily in seconds.
Four scarves in 30 seconds
 Love it!!
Twisted twice around the neck.

This shot took many, many times. I really needed someone to take it for me, but just me on this one. Too many shots of wrinkled chicken neck, hair I hadn't washed yet, shots too low...no bra on! You know all those early morning things!!
 Here it is long, not twisted.
It really is the easiest scarf to make. Perfect for gifts too.

You could probably make one of these on your way out the door to the party!!

Have fun with the no sew,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...