Friday, February 17, 2012

List Your Likes and Dislikes About a Blog...

Pin It

We all love blogging. Whether we are the author of a blog, the reader or both, we all have our likes and dislikes about a blog or the way it is set up.

Hearing from others (good or bad) always helps me learn more and more each day about my blog. I love blogging and sharing thoughts and ideas, but I want to make it a good experience for people who come to visit.

So, I thought I would have a post where we can all learn from each other. In the comment section, list your likes and dislike about how a blog (any blog) is set up. I hate to use the word dislikes, so how about "Likes" and "Things You Wish Would Change".

Don't be specific and call out the blog itself, just list what's on your mind about a general blog.

Saying things out loud about what you don't like isn't a bad thing...it's a learning experience for all.

Here are my thoughts on my OWN blog
  • is the side bar too busy
  • is there too much red
  • are there too many posts on one page...slowing down the loading time of the blog
  • is it easy to navigate
  • do I use too many pictures in one post
  • am I wordy
  • is the word verification thing a pain in the hooty lately. I just turned mine off. It's like they want you to spell out a page from "War and Peace"

Here are my thoughts on blogs I visit...
  • I love it when the post is in full view when you go to the blog, instead of a partial read then you have to click to go to the full post
  • I love LABELS on a blog. Helps to find something quick under a certain category
  • Not a fan of music on a blog. Not that I don't love music, but here are my thoughts on that. 1) we all don't have the same taste in music 2) Loading music on a blog takes forever and slows down the process. Sometimes I just X out of a blog because the music takes too long to load and nothing is moving. 3) When I'm blogging I'm usually watching TV or a DVD, so there is already noise going on
  • LOVE pictures...good ones or not. Really helps with visuals. I am certainly not a photographer by any stretch. I just have a point and shoot camera, but pictures are worth a 1000 words.
  • A 1000 words is too much to handle in one post. Break up your paragraphs with a picture or a space. Sometimes too many words written all in one post is overwhelming for me.
  • I'd love to get to know you...show a picture of yourself. Really helps to connect. You don't have to give away too much personal information if you don't want to.
  • Black blog backgrounds with white lettering is hard for me to read...am I the only one
  • I love when you show what state you are from. I've met some wonderful people just by saying..."I noticed you are from...we're not too far from each other.
  • check to see if you are a "No Reply"...that means there isn't an email address attached to your account and no one can email you back. CLICK HERE if you want to learn how to check.

So here's your chance...add your blog thoughts in the comment section and let the learning begin. Be nice though!

Thanks so much in advance for commenting on this. I love learning from all of you.
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...