Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday...

Pin It

Alarm Clocks...a necessary evil.

I play mind games with my alarm clock. I set the time 30 minutes ahead, so I can do the math in my head as to what the time REALLY is! Wakes my mind up before my body.

Not to mention, I never really have a sound sleep. I'm always looking at the clock through the night..."oh, it says 2:30, so it's really 2:00. Yay, I still have 3 1/2 more hours to sleep!"

What really gets my goat is the 9 minutes snooze. Every clock I've ever had has been a 9 minute snooze. Why 9?

I think it's the alarm clock companies way of playing math mind games too. "Ok, it's 5:30 am when the alarm rings. I have 9 more minutes til it rings again. If I hit it 2 more times it will ring at 5:39 and 5:48. Perfect...I'm up before 6:00.

Was it a mistake when the first alarm clock was made? It really should have been a 10 minute snooze...much easier to add 10 to any time you set your alarm. Alarm rings at 5:30 am. I can let in ring 2 more times at 5:40 and 5:50. Perfect! I want a 10 minute snooze.

What better way to solve the Alarm Clock Snooze button mystery than to ask the blogging world.

Are all alarm clock snooze buttons 9 minutes and do you hate your alarm clock too?

and another thing. Why do I still wake up at 5:30 on the weekends when I don't need an alarm? The silver lining there is...no 9 minute snooze.

Always look for the positive in something.

Happy Thursday,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...