Monday, April 16, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...Creamer Pincushion Ring

I know what you're thinking...another crazy title. Creamer pincushion?? Yep, it's recycling time again. Tools used today...easy ones...scissors and glue gun!

We're going to be making this little cutie of a pincushion. On the left, the before. On the right, the after!


Here's the source for the ring! Cream. Cream for your coffee, whipping cream for your pies...whatever container has that tab.


You know those little pull tabs from inside the caps?


One day, I was pulling one off the container while talking with my girls. I was just chatting and playing with the tab in my hand as I talked and talked.


Slipped it on my finger and...BINGO!! My thoughts for Tool Time were flowing.


Look at that top portion. Perfect protection from the pins.


See...you can put in the pins and the plastic disc protects your finger.


So let's make one. You will need...
  • 2 1/2 inch square of fabric or scraps, plus a tiny piece of felt
  • the plastic ring from a creamer container
  • needle and thread
  • stuffing


Trace a circle on the 2 1/2 inch square.


Cut out...


Sew a running or gathering stitch around the circle...


Gather up the circle into a pouch...


and stuff with batting.


Before you pull the thread completely, add the plastic disc on top of the batting.


Pull the thread tightly to gather the fabric over the plastic disc.


I sewed a few tight stitches and knotted off in a couple spots to secure.


Cut a small circle from felt or wool. Something that won't fray.


Hot glue felt over stitches and gathered edges.


Pincushion Creamer Ring!!


Now that's my kind of bling!!


Here's another pincushion tutorial made with the cap of a creamer container or any cap for that matter!! Click here for that post.

You can also Click Here for all my pincushion posts.

Have fun making your pincushion ring. Enjoy your coffee too, because I know you're going to be using some cream just for that pull tab thingy.

~Karen~

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...