Monday, April 30, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...Quilt Ruler Suction Handle

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!  Today's Tool Time is not so much a tutorial, but more of a "fabulous find". You all know my 2 favorite stores are fabric stores and hardware stores. What I try to do is combine both loves into a TTT post.

Well, take a look at this beauty that I found in a Harbor Freight Tools store. ( I have no affiliation with the store, just sharing my "finds").

I know what you're thinking...what the heck is that?


For the normal construction worker, it's a great tool to suction to windows, doors, mirrors etc to carrying things around.




Two large suction cups lock down securely onto glass and then you can use the handle.


Tah Dah !!!! It suctions to a large quilt ruler.


Great handle for picking up the ruler from the fabric...


and the large suction cup areas provide equal pressure across the ruler when you press on the handle, so no slipping of the ruler.


I know the suction cups are large, but you can still see the lines on the ruler just under the handle if you cut this way. See my finger pointing to the line?


or you can easily see the marking on your cutting mat too.




This handle is the best purchase. I just love the ease of picking up the ruler with a handle.

Here's the BEST part...it was $5.99. AMAZING!!!

I bought it in the store, but click HERE for the link I found to their site! There is a single handled one too for square rulers. I need that one too. They didn't have it in the store we were in.


Hope you love this idea. Let's keep this our little secret from Harbor Freight. If they find out we're using their tools for sewing, they might raise the price! LOL

Have a great Tuesday,
~Karen~

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...