Monday, May 7, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...Clamp For Turning Fabric Tube

Woo Hoo...another fabulous "man" tool that can be used for sewing and crafting. I started Tool Time over 3 years ago and thought I might find a few things in different stores that can be used for something other than it's intended purpose. Never thought I would find 3 years worth...

Well, I found one more...a locking clamp. I found this in Harbor Freight Tools for $3.99. It's used to hold things securely and reach into tight places. Probably for clamping hoses on motors or something. We also have locking clamps in the dental office where I work. They are called hemostats...much smaller though. Hmmm...need to ask my boss if I can have one. Add to my collection. LOL!!





The handle is like a scissor handle, but has a ratcheting locking system that locks the tip to hold something.


Here's a picture of the tip or nose of the clamp.


This is a long one...12 inches. (pictured compared to a pen)


Now onto the "Sewing" transformation of this tool... TURNING A FABRIC TUBE.

When you sew a fabric tube for handles on bags or anything long and narrow, boy can it be a pain turning it right side out.


Just insert the clamp nose into the narrow fabric tube until you reach the end.


When you reach the end, open up the locking handle...


grab a little of the end fabric and lock the clamp.


Pull back on the "locked in" fabric and pull through the tube.


Tah Dah!!!

I am not kidding with this...it is fabulous!! Fastest turning for me...ever.


You really need to get one. I have no affiliation with Harbor Freight, but it is a great store. I'm sure you can find this online or in an automotive store if you don't have Harbor Freight. I'm so mad, the one Harbor Freight sells on their website has cute bright red handles :(    Would have match my sewing room.

Happy Turning,
~Karen~

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...