Monday, May 14, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...Sewing Soap Dish

Sewing Soap Dish...What?!? You know me, I'll find anything to transform into something else and this time it was in the bathroom section of the hardware store.

I think a better name for it is Armchair Sewing Table...



Here it is in it's original state. It's a soap dish that hooks onto the edge of a bath tub and holds your soap. I'm thinking armchair, but if you do any hand sewing in the tub...this will work great for that too, LOL!!




Here's my thought process...you need a few STRONG magnets...not the crafty ones. They sell strong ones in the hardware store too.


Put the magnets on the bottom of the soap dish. They stick on their own because teh dish is metal


I found some of the strong silver magnets too.


The magnets on the back of the metal dish make the top part magnetic to hold your pins and needles in place!


If that doesn't work for your soap dish, use my ever popular magnetic business cards. You know I use these a lot. Click HERE for other projects using these magnets


The magnetic business cards have a sticky side...


and a magnetic side.


Peel and stick it to the top of the soap dish.


Now it holds your pins and needles too.


Now onto more fun with this idea. These clips are name badge reels. They hold a name badge and they also pull out with a string like a tape measure.


I found these in the office supply section of Walmart...4 for $1.88.


Clip the reel to the handle of the soap dish.


Open up the name badge holder that has a snap closure and add your little scissors.


Now you can pull the reel to clip your threads, but never lose your scissors in the chair.


Ok, here's where the demise of this idea came for me :(

See that arm of the couch off to the left...that's where this adorable soap dish WAS going to fit. WAS is the operative word here. The couch is fairly new and I forgot that the little brown pillow is "attached" to the arm of the couch, so my little sewing helper doesn't fit here.


Works on the pillow though. I will find a place for this...seems like the armchairs in my house are a little too big.


Still wanted to share the idea though, just in case the soap dish, armchair sewing table, thinga ma bob might work for you.

It is great to have all your sewing needs in one place when you are doing your hand sewing and you'll never lose them in the couch!!

Happy Sewing,
~Karen~

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...