Friday, February 18, 2011

Jumbo Button Wall Decor...Sorry Mom!

My mom loved teak wood...anything teak wood. She would buy it all in yard sales and thrift stores. Well, I think she cringed a little from up above when I took a drill and a paint brush to one of her pieces. I had one of her cheese boards tucked away in a closet...within minutes, look how darn cute it turned out. I think she's ok with it, because she was the best seamstress ever and would love this button!




If this was the only cheese board she had, I would have thought twice about it, but it is one of many teak trays...many!



Look...don't you see a button in there?


This is when I think she shed a tear...LOL






If you don't want to drill your cheese board or tray, you can use those office stickers and then paint over them as stencils. Peel away the stickers to reveal the button look.



Just one quick coat of paint, add a little hanger on the back when it dries and you're done.


Cute!


Even cuter when it's threaded.


Wish I could replace the "O" in office with this button...hmmm where's my saw?


Here it is threaded on top of my calendar.



My push pin buttons match the big sister.



Just hot glue buttons on thumb tacks...easy, easy!



Remember my motto...always look twice at something before you pass it up. There are a lot of cheese boards out there waiting to become jumbo buttons.
space
Have a great day,
~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...