Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Target Tablecloth Update...

Remember my Target sale items I told you about last week? Well, I worked on the tablecloth today. One 70 inch round, linen tablecloth yielded three 18 inch pillows, a lined tote bag and I still have scraps left over to make some coasters, eye glass case and another small bag.




All that for $3.74...not bad!



I made three of these pillows. Two for the couch and one for the chair.




Here's the tote bag. The tablecloth was almost like duct cloth, so very sturdy for a bag. If you want to make one for yourself, I used my eye glass case tutorial. I just cut larger pieces of fabric the size I wanted and added the handles on each of the short ends of the fabric. Click here for the eye glass case tutorial.



I lined it with muslin.



The bag was a quick sew and I used every piece of the tablecloth...even the hem.



I cut them hem off close to the seam and used that for the handles. There is the raw edge, but I'm just using this to carry my books or magazines in the car.



I put together a short tutorial on hand sewing a blind hem on the pillow I made...or at least what I call a blind hem.
space
I'll be right back with tha tutorial,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...