Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tea or Coffee Anyone?...Craft Ideas and Organizing

Do you love to read books and drink tea...well, this project could be for you! I drink many different kinds of tea, but this particular box of tea bags has an extra goodie inside.




This might look like trash to you, but these cardboard dividers are always good for something.





Perfect size for a book mark. I know we can just cut up card stock and make one, but these are already done for you.


To pretty them up a little, I just glued on a strip of fabric. You can also use scrap booking paper too. I left a 1/4 inch margin on each side.



Punch a hole at the top...



and with a little ribbon and a doo dad for the end of the tie, your book mark is done.



I used a metal washer from the hardware store and stamped Love in the metal. It was my first attempt at metal stamping. This was my second washer and it's still a little crooked, but works for me!




edit...I put together a tutorial for metal stamping, so click here for that.


Now onto the coffee tip...I use these trays for many things. They are paper trays that I found in an office supply store in the clearance rack.



The best thing I use it for is the coffee pot we use every day. I keep the coffee pot tucked under our cabinets, in the corner and out of the way.



However, this particular coffee pot has to open on the top to put the coffee pods in, but the handle hits our upper cabinets and won't open up all the way.



Here's the fix. The coffee pot is in the tray. It just slides out very easily each time we need it.



Then it slides back under the cabinet when we're not using it. We could just slide the coffee pot, but most appliances have little skid pads on the bottom, so it doesn't move. The tray glides very smoothly.



We're in the middle of an ice storm here, so I think I'll have a cup of tea...or maybe coffee...or maybe both!
space
Take care,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...