Monday, February 21, 2011

Tool Time Tuesday...Organize Your Scrap Notes

I keep a little note pad on my desk, right next to my computer. When ever I have a thought or an idea, or a "To Do" like a favorite blog to visit, shopping list or an important note...I jot it down on the note pad. However, those little papers are usually scattered all around my computer.

So here's my solution. I found this wooden corner rosette moulding at Home Depot for $1.47. Click here for the link to Home Depot (I have no affiliation to Home Depot, just passing along the item number)




You will need a long, thicker nail or spike and a drill bit that is about the same size as your nail...maybe a little smaller.



My nail is 4 inches long and about 3/8" wide.


Drill the hole directly in the center. I didn't drill this on my desk...just took the picture here for better light. I learned my lesson from stamping that "S" on my desk!!


Drill straight through.



Now the bottom of the hole that you just drilled needs to accommodate the head of the nail. I just used the drill at an angle to drill it out, but there is a drill bit that will make that space for you or your hubby can do it for you too.



Insert the nail so the pointy part is facing up. That nail isn't as sharp as it looks and I don't have small children around, so take that into consideration when making one for yourself.



See how the nail head is flush with the bottom of the wood block. That way it lays flat on the desk.



I covered it with a layer of hot glue to not only keep it in place, but make it smooth so it won't scratch my desk. You can also cover the bottom with felt.



Now just take all your "To Do's" and spike them on the nail.



Just make sure you don't spike the words!



Now all the notes are in one place. I can remove and flip through at any time, but they're still nice and neat on my desk...and cute too!





This desk is usually scattered with little notes...now it's not so bad.



Have a great Tuesday and don't forget to link up your projects at my Sew Darn Crafty Linking Party.
space
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...