Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Laundry Room..Not Big, Not Pretty, Not A Room, But Organaized

Laundry Rooms...Would I love a big room to wash, dry, fold all in one place? A laundry "room" to paint, decorate and make look like my dining room? Absolutely!! I love all the laundry rooms I see online filled with baskets and beautiful glass jars filled with your cleaning essentials.

However, I have a laundry closet and I love it just as much! I sooo appreciate that my laundry closet is upstairs right off my kitchen. Would I love it in my master bedroom closet...YES, but that's not happening any time soon either! So when you have ordinary like me...make it FUNCTIONAL and ORGANIZED!!

Here she is in all her glory! Our washer broke down so we bought a new one. Then the dryer went 6 months later. They changed the design of the set in that 6 months, so now they don't match :( 

In the past it would have bothered me, but now all I care is that they wash and dry for me!! LOL



Here's a little walk through. Maybe you can use a few of the ideas in your laundry space! Notice I said "space" not room.

The shelf on top holds all those things you looks for in the basement or the "Junk Drawer". The far left has plastic storage boxes and the middle has wooden wine bottle boxes.



The boxes hold all different kinds of things...labeled so everyone can find stuff.

All different lengths of extension cords...



Batteries...buying batteries to my husband is like buying fabric to me!


Phone accessories and computer cords...


mouse traps / ant cups and timers...


The wooden wine bottle boxes hold flash lights, surge bars and bug sprays.


I also added a small piece of peg board. Did you know they come in pre-cut smaller pieces at the hardware store?

The peg board holds all the little tools that you might need for small projects, but don't want to go in the basement or out in the garage to get them!


One tip...for tools that don't have something to hang them with...just add a string or zip tie. Hangs easily from the peg board now!



Every square inch is used. Added small shelves to the sides to hold soaps, bleach etc.

The under the shelf basket is for...you guessed it...the missing socks! What is up with that?? Where do they go? I can't throw them out either, because I keep thinking they'll turn up in some one's drawer, under their bed or in their gym bag!


The other side hold dryer sheets and the light bulb boxes. Again, my husband's other buying habit...light bulbs.





Well, it's not a room, it's not pretty, but we know where stuff is and our clothes are clean!! LOL


How's your laundry room, closet, area doing?

Happy organizing if you get the chance,
~Karen~

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...