Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Decorating...

Fall is my favorite season. I love the colors, the crisp air and the smell of apples and cinnamon. The girls came home this weekend, so I did a little decorating before they came. I cooked all their favorites, which included 2 apple pies. The house smelled so good.

For decorating, I have this large vase on the kitchen table.
I change what's in it each season.


For summer I place a candle in the center, then surrounded it with sea shells.
space



Very pretty at night.


This vase is so large, it would take a lot to fill it up.



So I put a smaller vase upside down, inside the larger vase.



Perfect spot to hold a candle.



Now to fill it up for fall...leaves are perfect.
I thought acorns, but they are way too small and would take a million.




Just slide off each section from the stem.






I snipped them in half.



Fast and easy and the whole bunch was only $3.00.




Love the colors!
Don't worry...I only light the candle when we are around.



Here are a few more ideas from around the house.























The first day of autumn is this Thursday the 23rd...thought I'd get a little head start.

Enjoy your day,
~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisata Danau Toba - Sumatera Utara

Danau Toba adalah salah satu destinasi wisata alam terbesar di Indonesia dan terletak di Sumatera Utara. Ini adalah danau vulkanik terbesar ...